Use these 12 free beauty tips to ensure you get the maximum benefit from your choice of make-up and cosmetics:
1. When shopping for lip color and eye shadow, put a clean sheet of white paper in your bag. New lip colors can be tested on the paper along with a strip of eye shadow. You can then examine the colors in daylight outside, away from the artificial lighting in the store.
2. Fragrance: Use two light formulas together to lock a scent in rather than a heavy application of one fragrance which can overwhelm those close to you. Using a scented body cream and then lightly spraying with an eau de toilette or parfum of the same scent will still result in a long-lasting effect.
3. Just use regular cold cream to remove oil-based makeup.
4. Make your nails seem more slender by applying a dark nail varnish down the center part of the nail being careful not to take it right to the edge of the sides of nail.
5. When testing the color of a foundation and you are already wearing a foundation, use the areas on your neck or inner arm. The skin tone in these areas matches the face more closely than the hands and a better judgment can be made.
6. To find the best spot to apply blush, smile widely, take note of where the cheek rises to a round shape. This lifted part of the cheek is the best place for blush to look natural as a flush will often color this area of the cheek.
7. For concealer to last many hours, be sure to apply it in small amounts at a time in two or three layers. This technique guarantees long wear.
8. With oily skin, avoid toners that contain alcohol as these can dry out the skin and block impurities beneath the surface. To avoid over drying the skin use toners containing AHA's. They help to smooth the skin's texture.
9. Every so often gather all the make-up you have from various places and do an analysis. Be ruthless and throw out anything over two years old, that has a musty odor, that is messy or runny, where liquids have separated, or anything that is dirty or falling apart such as sponges and brushes. By optimizing in this way you can purchase new supplies where needed and keep your make-up kit in top condition.
10. If you have oily skin, use very little moisturizer or, if possible, none at all. Too much moisturizer on oily skin can cause makeup to slide away.
11. If lip lines are a problem, apply lipstick vertically instead of horizontally.
12. When removing makeup, take a Q-tip which has been dipped in a non-oily remover and run it over the eyelashes to take off any remaining mascara.
(Source : here)
Hope that's help!!! :)